Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Music in our personal lives

Monday, July 20, 2015

I love the mission because while it doesn't help me with my English, it helps me so much in my personal life for after the mission and for my future family. I've realized and developed many talents that I didn't know I had or that I wrongly thought were weaknesses of mine. While I in no way want to say that I sing well, I feel a very strong connection with music that has grown as I've been here in Brazil.  The lyrics that are so beautiful. In the church hymnbook, the First Presidency says that, "Hymns can lift our spirits, give us courage, and move us to righteous action. They can fill our souls with heavenly thoughts and bring us a spirit of peace." Every morning as part of our spiritual preparation we sing a hymn as part of our studies. One hymn that especially touches my heart as I'm sure it touches others as well is "Be Still, My Soul".

I am a personal witness to the power that the atonement has to change and purify lives. I am thankful that while my life has been more than relatively pain free, I have felt my share of heartache, and disappointment and distress and discouragement. I truely believe that the atoning power isn't just for people that have committed grievous sins before the Lord, but also for people who have striven continually to live the laws and ordinances of the gospel. The atonement is for everyone. When we give our free-will to the father and let HIM lead us through ever step of our lives, we are actively applying the power of the atonement in our daily lives. That is why he suffered. That is why he died. For me and for you. Even though we are all different, the Savior´s love for us is the same. His love is undying; just as He is. He rose from the dead never again to feel the pains of death. I love Him and trust Him and know Him well enough to know that His power is real and wonderful and necessary in our lives. We cannot and won't want to stand in the presence of God at the last day without our Savior and friend by our side. This is my testimony: THAT HE LIVES.

com amor

Sister Anderson

this one time this huge field was on fire and no one was worried....

leather scripture cases :)

Açaí on Sister Mcmakin´s Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment