Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Promised Land with my Daughter!

Monday, May 25, 2015

So I'm in Franca still and I'm training a new American missionary! woohooo!!! Sister Mcmakin is from Salt Lake City, Utah and spent one transfer in a Washington mission waiting for her visa. A week ago she flew straight from Washington to Brazil by herself. She said that it was quite an adventure. haha So we are having a communication problem because it turns out that I'm really bad at speaking English and my translation from Portuguese to English is apparently very wrong. Who knew that I wouldn't remember how to speak my native language. All the missionaries here call me the Brazilian-American and then I laugh when I remember that I can't even speak English anymore...

We have a lot of work here and the members are starting to give us more references of people to teach! We are already going to have another baptism this Saturday of Edinaldo who has been going to church for about 5 months now and already goes to institute regularly...HE IS A GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR! We a re really excited to be a part of this covenant that he has been preparing to make :)

Something really cool that we have been doing is having mini practice lessons with our neighbors to help Sis Mcmakin with the language and feel more comfortable teaching, We go over to our neighbors (who are both member families) and act like they are investigators. It's helping a lot and its pretty funny :)

Anyway I'm starting a whole new adventure and applying a lot of patience and a lot of love to this new companionship and the work that we have. I know how it is to be new and American and not to be able to express myself so its helping her a lot. Well at least she says that! The Lord always knows best and I learn that more and more every day!

Com amor

Sister Anderson

My MTC companion Sister Clement and I waithing for our daughters together

All the trainers! And then of course my mom Sister Kelly just happened to be there to see her daughter train haha

Sister McMakin and her first time trying Açaí!
Mom teaches her daughter to eat yummy food :)

8 day old puppy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment