Monday, January 4, 2016

HE is our Hope and our Cure

Monday, December 7, 2015

This week we were visiting a couple that was baptized this year and brother Aissa is really sick. He has cancer all over his body and huge tumors that grow and spread rapidly. He got released form a hospital in another city and the next day we went to visit them and all I could think about is that part in Mosiah 18 that talks about the covenants we make at baptism to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort and how real that promise is as I serve as a missionary for the Savior himself. When we saw the physical condition and pain and agony when we got there, we immediately called Brother Irving who lives close by and in 5 minutes he was responding to the call and arrived to give him and sister Domi a blessing. We entered the tiny room where we was twisted on the bed in pain. I could see all the bones in his body and the shallow breaths he took as he tried not to move to much. Sister Doni just keep crying and saying "he has turned himself to the Lord" Brother Irving anointed and blessed him with a beautiful blessing. When I opened my tear-filled eyes I couldn't help but weep when I looked to the small night stand by the bed with the scriptures open and a picture of the Savoir on top of the open pages. I wept and hugged and kissed sister Doni and promised her that the Lord was by her side in her time of need and that his servants are sent to comfort and guide the weary and broken hearted. I felt so close to my Savior and knew that what I said wasn't a lie and that God stands by us, but often through other people...

On Sunday we got together a ward choir and put on Santa Claus hats and in the afternoon sun went to her house. As she opened the door and then the gate stood dumbstruck she heard and saw 30 latter-day saints singing Christmas hymns and announcing the birth and life and love of Jesus at Christmas. It was truly touching to see men and women and children and young adults one by one hugging and offering there support to this divine sister who is in a moment of suffering and need.

I absolutely LOVE the Christmas season. I love the HOPE that it lights in peoples lives and hearts and I love seeing how it changes and makes people better.  That same day we went to a large local hospital close to the church and sang various hymns and songs about the Christ child and Christmas as patients left there rooms to come and see and smile and take pictures. It's truly magical--the power that music about our Savior gives to people who have little or have already lost all their hope. HE is our hope.

Love you all!
Sister Anderson

Sushi!!!!! 

"Pão de Mel" with Lusia

No comments:

Post a Comment