Sunday, July 12, 2015

9 months!!!

Monday, June 22, 2015

I have completed half my time here in Brazil and I find myself thinking that i don't want the time to end!! It's really interesting how much a mission changes your perspectives and changes you. For example, the fact that I cant write in English anymore. haha But the fact that some of our strongest investigators are the owners of an açaí shop that me and my companion always go to. They are investigators because we just started a conversation one day and then we taught them, and then they went to church, and now they want to be baptized...that's missionary work. Find people to baptize from the places you like to eat, haha But really, missionary work is something SO different every day because you never know where you will find someone. You just know that if you pray to the Lord for guidance, HE WILL GUIDE YOU.

I am really grateful to my father who taught mew the importance and necessity to pray to our loving Heavenly Father and offer our gratitude, but to always ask with a sincere heart for the things we want and the things we need. I heard a quote once that says, "prayers change us and we change things." I'm grateful for my parents who always instituted the importance of family prayer and that we needed to say our individual prayers as well. Ever since I was little I can remember my father holding me and helping me pray or him coming into to my room "secretly" when I would be praying at night. On this (day after) Fathers Day, I want to say how grateful I am for the man that has always provided for our family and has taught me how to pray and communicate with my Father in Heaven. We have a lot of father figures in our lives but no one can replace how I feel about my Daddy and the friend, instructor, and provider that he is to me. I love you Dad.

Sis Anderson

P.S. ive never once forgotten what you told me when you said "you cant hold back a determined Anderson" THAT IS TOO TRUE :)

"9 months"


a HUGE pair of pants :)



and more puppies




No comments:

Post a Comment