Monday, February 16, 2015

OBEDIENCE

Monday, February 2, 2015

"Sim desde aquele ocasião até agora tenho trabalhado sem cessar para conseguir trazer almas ao arrependimento; para fazer com que elas experimentem a intensa alegria que eu experimentei; para que também nasçam de Deus e encham-se do Espírito Santo." -Alma 36:24

WE NEED TO DO OUR BEST TO SHOW OUR SAVIOR WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE BY SHARING IT WITH THOSE THAT WE LOVE!

So i know the scripture is in português but thats the only language I read now :)

I've actually been pretty physically sick lately BUT this has helped me to have really good meaningful studies the afternoons when we don't leave the house. I was reading a talk by President Thomas S. Monson (the prophet of the church) about obedience. (My wonderful guardian angel Judy sent to me!) and these are some of the thoughts i had:


  • Obedience is and forever will be the 1st law of Heaven, it is absolutely ESSENTIAL to our eternal salvation.
  • The Lord requires our hearts and minds to be WILLING to follow the commandments and then to repent when we mess up. Never put off repentance.
  • Most importantly our Father in Heaven asks us to follow Christ's example: refusing to deviate from what we know is right. There are going to be decisions we make where one option might be a lot easier. But we need to choose the option that is right and fulfills the will of the Lord.


I'm realizing more and more and more each day how imperfect I am and how much I have to work on, but also how powerful the atonement is and the love from our Father.

"Except in the case of His only Begotten son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we." -Elder Holland

One more week here in beautiful Brazil! I love it here and I'm grateful I still have a lot of time to learn and grow!

Até Mais
Sis Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment