Monday, November 10, 2014

THE HOTTEST WEEK OF MY ENTIRE LIFE

Monday, November 11, 2014

If it wasn't for the grace of God and that we need to like preach the gospel to all of Gods children, I'm pretty sure I would have died. Three days in a row it was over 100 and Tuesday it was 118 degressssssssss! What is that?!?!

While I've been here I've seen so many dead animals (dogs, birds, turtles, toads, cats) just lying in the street. I dont like that! I bore my testimony last week, obviously in Portuguese. Good thing people are forgiving because I'm not even sure it made sense. (haha)

I've lowered my health standard here too because I've had to just go and eat food with hairs and bugs in it. God gives me the strength not to vomit. Haven't yet!! (haha) I did eat guinea pig the other day though, and before that piranha! Fun times in the mission :) Liked 'em both... Oh also, there are chickens everywhere here! Like as pets and on the streets and for eating...its great!

Everyone here tells me i look like this Brazilian actress lady or different American actors. I think that's funny because I'm pretty sure i don't :)

I've seen big improvements in my language and in my ability to express better how I feel when I testify and teach. One of our investigators, Carlos, has a date set for baptism too :) So cool to witness and be apart of the miracles of God.

Our ward is awesome! So is the bishop and ward mission leader!

Okay so this week was awesome with investigators and menos ativos! We taught so well together Sister Kelly and I. We can teach and one will think of a scripture or phrase or something and the other will share the exact thing! My favorite experience we had was with a menos ativo and talking about our opportunity and responsibility to share the gospel and open our mouths. I talked about D&C 33:8-11 and how in every verse we are told to "open our mouths" we are promised that if we come to know the word of God and the teachings of Christ first we will be giving in the exact moment what to say if we act in faith and open our mouths. I'm working on 100% being an instrument in the hands of the Lord and being prepared to have the spirit work and testify through me. Its not easy but I'm a lot better at it now than I ever have been.

Any and all, I invite you to come to know the word of God first and then have the courage to open your mouth and speak simple truths to people you care about. You never know what could happen :) I love you all! I love my Savior! Anything is possible through our faith in our Savior!

lovelove

Sister Anderson

Jaca Fruit

When it rained like a hurricane before our 3 days in fogo (fire haha). 

caju tree....???

Sunday at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment