Sunday, April 5, 2015

PATIENCE

Monday, March 30, 2015

"Patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something...even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"

Man I love that quote. As I think about Easter, I think about the unending patience of our Savior. As a personal mission goal, I've been studying one attribute of Christ every month in an effort to really try to master it. For the month of April I've chosen patience. Patience to baptize. While I have been out almost 7 months I still have not baptized, but I have no doubt in the hundreds of seeds that I have planted. All of us know how seeds turn into trees right? That seed (we will call it faith) takes A LOT of time and patience to turn into a big and fruitful tree. Well the ultimate goal of missionary work is eventually making temple covenants with our family, the first step is Faith and then you add A LOT of patience and time and eventually you have a little tree; baptism. After that the tree grows, testimonies grow, conviction to the covenants we have already made and the doctrine we know and practice, and then the tree gives yield to fruit. And that is when the Lord looks down on the tree and says, "You did it! Welcome to my kingdom." That's my mission goal. I don't need a mission of baptisms if i know that I've at least spread a million seeds. And whats the magic ingredient to a big fruitful tree that comes from a tiny little seed? PATIENCE.

Remember that the Lord is ever patent with us when we doubt and try to rush things in our own time. The Lord knows the best time for everything and so ultimately we have no reason to despair with a constant knowledge of hope. Just as fruit comes with time, blessings come with a lot of patience applied to every growth in faith.

I love you and I love my Savior and how long-suffering and patient He is with me.

Sister Anderson

Sister Andersen (current companion) and my mom Sister Kelly

Guaraná Jesus!! From Maranhão 

View of Ribeirão from a members apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment