Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Gratitude List

Monday, January 12, 2015

So one of the Sisters that I live with, (I love her, she is wonderful and she is also from Colorado) Sister Sperry, showed me this personal study she did. After she showed me I LOVED IT and adapted it to me and entitled it "The Gratitude List".  So here's the challenge: At the beginning of every month you write 10 of each of the following that you are grateful for:

Physical abilities
Material items
Living people
People that have passed on
Nature things
Things I'm specifically grateful for that day/time in my life
Places
Inventions
Foods
Gospel principles

So yes, I loved this because I KNOW that God loves to bless us but when we are living with Gratitude. I'ts like we are literally touching Heaven and God is there ready to bless us EVEN MORE!

SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE! especially in moments when you feel lost or forgotten by God...
I had a wonderful spiritual experience this week as the four of us Sisters in the Santana Ward here in Araçatuba sang acapella "Nearer My God to Thee" in Portuguese (obviously haha). We went up there and really bore our testimonies to the congregation and I don't know about all of you, but music speaks to me and I could feel the spirit of the Lord so strong in that moment. Listen to good and uplifting music. If you are like me you know the effect music has on you, either good or bad. Listen to and partake of things that open the channel for God to softly whisper promptings to your heart and mind. Live with gratitude!!!

Random thoughts:
- I bought new leather sandals for the rainy season and im VERY excited about using them! :)
- It's a custom here in Brazil to give each-other kisses on the cheek (like men and women or all ages, married or not), sooooooooo this bus driver-that sister Kelly and i have become friends with over our time here pulled a fast one on both of us and kissed us...that was not cool, 1. Because he was so sweaty (and actually it's burning hot outside) and 2. Because we are missionaries!! oh man....
- This lady that I'm like 73 percent positive is not mentally well in the head slapped me the other day right after telling me that I looked like a "fofinha boneca" (pretty little doll) haha, yup that happened!
ADVENTURES OF THE MISSION

lovelove
até mais

Sister Anderson


New leather "rain walking" sandals :)
I love them!!!
And my crushed toes and weird tan lines ayyyy yaaaaa... feet of a missionary :)

The Brazil Bird :) I dont know its real name....haha

I LOVE MONKEYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment