Tuesday, March 1, 2016

CONVERSION

Monday, February 22, 2016

This week i went on divisions with one of my companions, Sister Clement, who was my companion in the Missionary Training center almost 17 months ago!! I seriously had the best time with her as we laughed and talked and worked and sang in the rain. We talked about our personal conversion experiences from our lives and on the mission and how being "God-sufficient" is more efficient than being self-sufficient. I've learned and have a burning testimony that nothing is more crucial to eternal life than the personal conversion of all of God's children. If we do our part, the Lord adds his power to our efforts. Its like this:

You+ God = The Majority

All weak things can be made strong because God is the strongest and most powerful. If we combine our will with His, we win! We freely receive all the blessings that He has in store for us!

I've learned that true disciples of Christ represent the Lord even and especially when it may not be convenient to do so. The way of the Lord is rarely "convenient" in a world where his pure doctrine is constantly under attack, but to me that gives it even more value.

There's a quote I heard once that says "if you quit now, others will have to painfully learn what you already know." We are to be instruments in the Lords hands, ready to help lift up and build his kingdom on the earth. I am often humbled by my mission experience and grateful to carry the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ over my heart and to invite others to come unto Him daily through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. God loves us! He wants us to love him and all his children. We show our love and conversion as we serve those around us and try daily to to feel and act with the spirit.

I love this work and know it to be the most important work on the face of the earth. The salvation of souls is not a cheap experience and that is why missionary work is never easy but ALWAYS worth it!

love you all!
com amor
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment